Below are just some of the many things we things that we think might be found out in the Sensational Shakespeare Special, based on the episode description:
Horrible Histories is back on CBBC, with a special episode delving in to the life and times of the world’s most famous writer. Tom Stourton stars as the Bard, as we find out about his humble beginnings, his glove-making father and his early life as an actor. How did he climb to become a royal favourite? And what was it like to be in the audience of one of his plays, where fruit was thrown at the stage, it was illegal for women to act, and there were no toilets?
Packed with laughs, facts and quizzes, the show ends with a song featuring every one of his plays. The episode has a special guest appearance from Miles Jupp. Horrible Histories is Lion TV Production for CBBC
What we might find out…
- William Shakespeare’s dad was a glove-maker, an ale-taster and at one point, the mayor of Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Shakespeare had three children. Twins Judith and Hamnet were born after his first daughter, Susanna. None of them could read, and Hamnet died when e was 11.
- Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre stank because it had animal shows too!
- As well as a famous playwright, poet and actor, Shakespeare was also a rich property developer.
- Before he died, Shakespeare wrote a curse for his grave to stop people digging up his bones. It worker-his grave has never been disturbed!